Food Code Updates
2022 Food Code
Important things to know
The 2022 edition does have several significant changes:
1. Food that is stored, prepared, packaged, displayed, and labeled according to Food Code safety provisions can be donated
2. Adding sesame as a major food allergen to reflect that the Food Allergy Safety, Treatment, Education, and Research Act of 2021 established sesame as the 9th major food allergen
3. Informing consumers, in writing, of major food allergens as ingredients in unpackaged food
4. Adding labeling of major food allergens in bulk food that is available for consumer self-dispensing
5. Revising the definition of intact meat, including enhancements to clarify time/temperature cooking requirements
What should I do next?
It's a good exercise to familiarize yourself with the Food Code. Download the 2022 edition to have a reference as needed.
Consider how to improve your foodservice safety and sanitation among your entire team. Enroll your team members in a Food Handler education program.
DiningRD is committed to nurturing joy through food in senior living. Everything you need from us can be found with a quick phone call to one of our helpful professionals or a visit to www.diningrd.com.